Monday 26 July 2010

Sunday Ramble on The Stiperstones and piccies for Frankies Dad

Now I promised Frankie that next time we were going up to Gran and Granpops I would take some piccies of the brand new John Deere Tractors in a dealership we pass. Well these are for Frankies Dad






This one came all the way from Baltimore.  



The steps on this thing was just to steep to climb on.



A while later, we get to G&Gs only for me to be met by a rather grumpy Doogle Dog. I think it’s the spring water he drinks, or the high altitude, mind you he doesn’t see any dogs from one week to the next, he thinks he’s a peeps!! I wanted to ask him if he’d like to go to Frankie’s wedding, on second thoughts I don’t think I could put up with him on the flight, sorry Frankie he won't be coming.

Anyways Mom and Dad had a surprise for me; we were to meet up with other members of WELTAF for a walk up the Stiperstones, that’s the hill Gran and Granpops live on. I’ve not been to the top before so was looking forward to it, and meeting dogs the same as me.



Now it don't look to high from here, but let me tell you it is, G&G lives half way up it.
We got to the meeting point to find 13 or 14 WT's, there was so many, we all had a little meet and greet
One of the rules when meeting up for rambles is all dogs must be on leads, so you'll see me with Dad attached to the other end, it helps that way he don't get lost.
Yes that's me, a bum shot.  

 

Wish I could have been on this shot WT's in formation



But look at this, me and me new pal Jenkins, he's into Folk Dancing to, so we had a little jig together 


Off we go


This is the view from G&G,'s side, and we are not at the top!


This is the view from the other side.


Now I don't know how mom managed not to get any piccies of the rocks that were on the top. I can only think she was glad we were on the way down, must say she looked a little red in the face! It caught me and dad out, because we thought we would all be going to the top. Dad said next time we come up he will take me to the very top where there is a flat stone. (so more piccies next time)

My first encounter with a cow, I don't think chasing one of them would be to clever



Just one last look at the view before we get back to the meeting point,
in total we did around trip of about five miles and were walking for about two and a half hours!





When we got back to the car just look what was on one of the cars!!!! Me eyes went like dinner plates and the hair on the back of me neck stood up!! Now I like Maggie and Mich the Airedales, wheelie Wednesdays, maybe I feel safe because we have a bit of water between us, but my pal Eric square dog has a different angle on them, if you want to know why take a look see at his post on them here
I’m sorry to say they put the wheelies up me I just hope mom never brings one into the house!



So I was pleased when we made a sharp exit home.

See Yea George xxx

21 comments:

Sam said...

Hah - the folk dancing picture is priceless!

Looks like you had a lot of fun with some of your own kind.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Sam and MargeDog

24 Paws of Love said...

Looks like you had great fun climbing and walking the hills. What a great view!

Visiting from Sat blop hop. Come visit us:

www.24pawsoflove.blogspot.com

Maggie Mae and Max said...

George,

What a grreat place to take a walks and with all of those wonderful furiends, the views are amazing! You is avery lucky pup AND a good dancer too ;)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Two Pitties in the City said...

I love the pictures of you with all of your friends....especially the dancing. You look so tiny next to all of those tractors.

Agatha and Archie said...

OhHow pretty! And how wonderfull to see so many welshies!!!!! Listen we are with Rric on tha wheelie kid.. Watch out they are trying to take over the world... Really...mote later... Love A and A

♥ Sallie said...

Beautiful! What a walk!

Alien liked the tractors. :)

Taryn said...

Love the blog-header photo at the top! What gorgeous scenery!

Zona said...

What amazing photos!!! I absolutely love the folk dancing. You are very talented.

Those John Deeres sure make you look small, George!

Wags,
Zona

Anonymous said...

Such Beautiful land, and so many Furiends to play with too!

How lucky are you!

woo woos, Tessa

MurphyDog said...

Hiya George! Thanks for stopping by my bloggie & following me! Mom just signed me up to follow you as well, and the funny thing is that you were MY 60th follower & now I am YOUR 60th follower! BOL!

Anyway, I look forwards to coming back and hearing about your many adventures!

wags, wiggles & slobbers
Murphydog

pee.ess. Mom LOVES your header picture! Very beautiful!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

George, you sure have beautiful views!!! We love the pictures and especially love the dancing!!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

3 doxies said...

What up George!
Okays, it may not be clever to chase da cows BUT what about cow tipping...hehehehehe! Oh me, I cracks myself up aaaaaall da time.
Those are some amazing piktures you got.
A dog on wheels is kinda scary don't ya thinks.

Puddles

sprinkles said...

Those are some pretty amazing views from the hill! I'm not sure which I enjoyed more, those or the picture of you dancing with your new little friend!

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom almost feel out of her chair laughing at that picture of you doing the jig with Jenkins, George!
Wheelies really aren't that scary - honest!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

houndstooth said...

I had no idea you could dance! That's impressive! It definitely looks like tons of fun!

Bunny

Unknown said...

Hi George!
Your furriends are so cute, just like you! It must have been so fun to meet up with them! And your dance was extra-awesome!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Love, love, loved the photos from your Welshie get together!! I've only met 2 other Welshies in my life(besides my siblings and parents). They were both quite a bit smaller than me (females)but the owners always comment that I'm large for a Welshie. (ALL muscle hahaha!!)
WelshHugs,
Hootie

The photos are terrific! Lovely countryside. Especially enjoyed the folkdancing pic!!
AireKisses,
BabyRocketDog

Wyatt said...

George, that's a whole lot of WT's! Any relatives of yours?
Hey, you are a really good dancer!

Wyatt

Chewy said...

George,

you live in a beatiful place! i'm jealous!

Chewy

Eric said...

Hahaaaa George me lad! Nearly had a little accident after seeing the photo of you and jenkings folk dancing!!! But crickey I had a big one when I saw that wheelie on top of the car. I mean wheelie how did he get up there? I tell you me lad, listen to your Uncle E them wheelies wheelie are up to no good. Taking over from us dogs with bloggies.

But your photos on your wagging welshie walkies were smashing! Molly and Taffy go on the welshie walks...paws crossed you'll meet up with them one day.

And where is the George hamburger place? Mmm looks dogalicious. Hope you get some of the profits.

Wiry love Eric xx

The Thuglets said...

George looks like you had one fabulous day!

We think your folk dancing piccie is absolutely priceless.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx